Mucho thanks to Fantac.Cisse at JGC Blog for the nod and whose blog I thoroughly enjoy reading because it’s willing to talk about so many things like culture, self-improvement, Marvel movies, or how to grow marijuana plants unnoticed in your local community garden. (Just kidding about that last one…or am I?)
Anywho, I’m not sure who the original creator of the Liebster Award is but here’s a link to the Global Aussie website for more info. But it’s truly an honor to be nominated, to be in the company of such excellent bloggers. Wow! It seems like only yesterday when I dreamt of breakdancing my way to Olympic gold. Yet, being nominated for the Liebster Award is far better–and more realistic seeing as how breakdancing was never an Olympic event!
Now onto the rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the original creator of the award and provide a link as well
- List your rules.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate at least 5 people. There is no maximum.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
3 Things About Myself
- I love watching Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) because the show increases your film intelligence by using humor to teach viewers critical thinking skills when watching really bad movies. It also shows just how racist, misogynistic, and sexist Hollywood really was/is.
- I despise Black Friday but Christmas remains my favorite holiday because the illusion that the world is not such a terrible place almost seems real.
- I hate jury duty with a passion, more than I hate reality television and politics. Our so-called system of justice seems to make us accomplices in its own brokenness.
A Brief Q/A
- What does blogging mean to you? Blogging means a lot of things to me like unlimited creativity, being inspired, enjoying moments of clarity, and belonging to a global community of extremely talented individuals.
- When you were little, what did you want to be? Happy and that hasn’t changed now that I’m older.
- Is there a book or a song that truly changed your life? Stamped From The Beginning by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi is a book that just shook me to my very core. It woke me to a lot of facts concerning the history of racism in America.
- What is your favorite food? Any food where you can taste the love in every bite.
- Where would you like to travel next year? Wakanda but I’ll also settle for Japan.
My Nominees Are:
My Questions for the Nominees:
- How important is blogging to you?
- What do you want the world to know about you as a blogger?
- How have you grown as a blogger?
- What other perspectives (if any) have you gained by reading other blogs?
- Do you discuss or debate with those who may not agree with you on certain issues?
At the count of three, you’ll wake up feeling refreshed and having no memory of reading this boring blog post…one…two…three! Wakanda Forever! Peace! (Mic drop.)