When I learned that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award the very first thing I did was put my sunglasses on. (A single cough is heard followed by silence) Hello, hello (taps microphone)…is this thing on? I know you’re out there! I can see you leaving!
Anyway, many thanks to imayormaynotkillmyself whose unapologetically candid blog displays the necessary bravery it takes to share her personal struggles in a world that continues to stigmatize, punish, and deny people who suffer from mental illness the opportunities to feel and be treated as normal. A big online (((HUG))) from me to you and know that you are not alone.
Now, on to the questions!
- What’s you’re favourite song and write a lyric from it that makes you love it so much. I listen to all sorts of music and there are lyrics in the song Old Man River that is timeless and accurately sums up the Black experience in America:
Ah gits wearyAn’ sick of tryin’Ah’m tired of livin’An’ skeered of dyin’,But ol‘ man river,He jes’keeps rolling’ along.
- If you could change your name to anything what would it be? Hughman Bing for obvious reasons.
- Would you rather fly ,be invisible or be invinsible? Yes.
- Finish this sentence ” I would never ever try to ……pick up women at a funeral…again.
- If you only had 24 hours on this earth who would you spend it with? Somebody other than myself.
- Which 3 words would you use to describe yourself? Handsome, smart, and delusional…in that order.
- which 3 words would you think others would use to describe you? A threat, dangerous, and expendable…if the “others” in question are the police.
- Truth or dare? Okay.
- Tell the truth now have you ever cheated on a test? Yes, I cheated on a driving test once by cutting corners. (Silence) I know, I know that was bad.
- I dare you to write a quirk that you have. I talk to myself a lot.
- If you could let others know one thing about you what would that be? I don’t watch BET.
My Sunshine Blogger Award Nominations are:
Reclaiming My Time
Blog posts from the edge
My questions for you:
1. What are your thoughts on Donald Trump?
2. What should I do about Rihanna stalking me?
3. Do you think leg warmers will ever make a comeback?
4. Why do you think people should read your blog?
5. What are your thoughts on feminism?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. What causes you to be outraged?
8. Have you ever been part of a protest?
9. When do you feel the most afraid?
10. When do you feel safe?
11. Do you ever see yourself as beautiful?
Sunshine Blogger Rules:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog. (check)
- Answer all 11 questions the blogger asked you. (check)
- Nominate 11 new blogs to recieve the award and write them 11 new questions. (check)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. (check)
- Mic Drop! (check…WAKANDA FOREVER…PEACE!)